Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Musings of a Madman

As I sit at my desk with the utmost intention on being productive, I find this to be a daunting task.  This just seems like one of these days that nothing could go right.  I keep asking myself what is wrong with the world today that causes us to daydream of tropical beaches and salty air?  Why is everyday a mad rush to get everything done, I mean come on, what’s the hurry?  Why can't we just slow things down and enjoy the little bit of time we have here?
  I can't possibly have the answers to these questions; however, I can dream of my youth.  During my youth I felt like the whole world was against me, but when I look back, I see a different picture.  The picture I paint of my youth is one of freedom, but I was too dumb to realize this freedom.  Hell, I thought I was in a prison back then.  When I finally get around to retirement, will I look back on this time as the best days of my life, or are the best days still ahead?

  In the meantime, I have daydreams to visualize my escape of warm sunshine, salty air, white sand, and clear blue water.  Maybe I should grab a bite of some smoky jerk chicken and a nice tropical rum punch to wash it down.  Maybe I should get back to work and learn to enjoy life.  In the famous words of Alan Jackson, "I can't help but wonder, what would Jimmy Buffett do?  I say pour me something tall and strong, Make it a hurricane before I go insane!"  Who is going with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment